+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gutted EBPV and plugged the pedistal today

Gutted EBPV and plugged the pedistal today

Hey all,

Well I finally got around to taking care of an oil leak that was coming from the EBPV actuator arm at the pedistal. I went ahead and gutted out the flapper valve as well. Come to find out, the lower O rings on the pedistal were leaking pretty bad and took care of that as well.

All in all it was an easy job and am glad it's finished. The turbo has taken on a different sound when shifting through the gears. It used to whistle in between shifts, and now it sounds like a deeper whistle if you know what I mean. I like it! I'm in San Diego now, and taking it for a test drive with the wife driving, there was a Chevy K1500 single cab that "tried" to take her. He had no chance. We blew right past him in the 80e tune, and he was pretty pissed to see that he had been beaten by a woman. LOL!

Anyway just wanted to let you all know how happy I am about this new to me mod!

Take care
    Chris
    Early 99 F350 XLT 4x2 CC LB SRW 6sp TE 17 HPOP,CCV, 203 T, SS HPX, ITP OBA, Oilguard, prepump/intank mods, AIS/zoodad, ITP RR, 08 Diff Cover, Autometer Z series, MKO 4" straight-piped, Diesel Site A/C Bypass, DieselSite bypass coolant filtration, DP F5 (stock, no start, high idle, 80e), LUK Clutch, gutted/plugged EBPV, TurboMaster WG, DPP Boot Kit, 55gal Aerotank midship.
    '02 Excursion Limited TE 17 HPOP, AFE Stage I, JWVB, custom 4" exhaust w/ Walker BTM, CCV, prepump/intank mods, Autometer Z series, DieselSite coolant filtration, gutted/plugged EBPV, DieselSite Boot Kit, IH Bellows Up Pipes

Cool
    99 F-350 4x4
    Sold....

98 Jetta Tdi
    Sold....
    71 Suburban K20
    12v heart transplant complete...

How long did it take to do the mod?? I have been thinking about doing mine...
    Barry aka - "BTS Bubba" If you need help with your truck feel free to drop me a line...99.5 F-350 PSD Lariat, 4x4 Off Road, CC, SB, 3.73's, NVK2, DP 60 Tow/80 Econ/120 Race/ 140 Ex, Terminator Twin Pumps, Swamps 200/30 AA Injectors, Swamps IDM, GT38R Turbo, BTS Trans and T/C, V-10 and Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Evans NPG Coolant, ART Cryogenically Treated & Slotted Rotors with Performance Friction Brake Pads, Dynatrac Spin Free HD Front Hubs, Ford AIS Intake, 4 inch Stainless Exhaust from turbo to 5 inch chrome tip. Auto Meter Cobalt Gauges. 35X12.5 BFG KO's on 16x10 Rims, Bilstein Shocks

Just replace the housing and get a blank pedistal.....

I can get the stock blank pedistal for a very good price.

6.0 intercoolers also....

Heck, anything from the dealer.....Just ask and I'll do what I can...
    99 F-350 4x4
    Sold....

98 Jetta Tdi
    Sold....
    71 Suburban K20

great job Chris glad all is good!!
    http://www.strictlydiesel.com/

1997 f-250 4by4
    1994 F-350 coming soon!
    Strictly Diesel 623-582-4404 please call and talk to Gary, Dennis, or myself ,in the office. Thanks to all of you in advance for your support!
    Strictly Diesel address is 621 W lone cactus road Phoenix!!
    Just north of the 101 on 7th ave.

It didn't take long at all. I've got the teardown down to about 45 minutes which includes the CAC tubes, Y manifold and RR hoses disconnect, Intake, HPX, Turbo, and pedistal. The actual modding took me about 2 hours, and I was taking my time! It went back together just as fast. I forgot to tighten the Orange tubes and had some major EGT and boost issues. After tightening those up, all is well.

I would've bought the NON EBV pedistal, but for an early '99, they run around $258. I couldn't see spending that much when I could just do what everyone else does. I also don't think a NON-EBV exhaust housing is available for the early '99 turbo.

Chris
    Early 99 F350 XLT 4x2 CC LB SRW 6sp TE 17 HPOP,CCV, 203 T, SS HPX, ITP OBA, Oilguard, prepump/intank mods, AIS/zoodad, ITP RR, 08 Diff Cover, Autometer Z series, MKO 4" straight-piped, Diesel Site A/C Bypass, DieselSite bypass coolant filtration, DP F5 (stock, no start, high idle, 80e), LUK Clutch, gutted/plugged EBPV, TurboMaster WG, DPP Boot Kit, 55gal Aerotank midship.
    '02 Excursion Limited TE 17 HPOP, AFE Stage I, JWVB, custom 4" exhaust w/ Walker BTM, CCV, prepump/intank mods, Autometer Z series, DieselSite coolant filtration, gutted/plugged EBPV, DieselSite Boot Kit, IH Bellows Up Pipes

Yes, the early 99 non-ebv pedestals are more expensive and harder to find. I've got a bunch of 99.5-03 pedestals and high flow outlets coming, but I didn't even try to order the early 99 peds because of the cost.
    Dennis Schroeder - Co-Owner of Strictly Diesel
    Strictly Diesel Webstore / sales@strictlydiesel.com
    LIKE US on FACEBOOK! / Check Us Out on YOUTUBE!
    Race Truck :: 5500# / 12.66 @ 105mph / Best 60' of 1.67 ... on 226k Mile PMRs! (PMR Engine Retired)
    Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.31 @ 120mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)

Just zip the flapper valve out and leave the rest of it.. That's what I did.
    -Dan
    2006 Dark Slate F350 Lariat Tow Boss Complete with training wheels so I don't tip over.

Strictly Aux cooling lines and RR, Decked Block and heads rebuilt, ARP's, BPD EGR cooler and W/Pump, 6" Aussies, SCT W/ID Tunes, Snow MPG-Max Injection, Coolant filt, Train Horns, Edge CTS + Autometer EGT Boost Trans, Firestone bags,
    Mike, you will be missed. RIP 09-25-09
    Jerry, Keep on Honkin' RIP 04-05-10

did you notice if it warmed up slower or the same after? Just curious about it in colder weather.
    02 f350 larit, dp tuner 40-60-80-120-140, itp rr kit, ats shroud, pre pump filter with hutch mod, ftvb, tymar with functional cowl hood + zoodad, hpx crossover line, 3rd battery with winch hookup in the bed, boost pryo & tranny temp gauges, 04-06 lighted/heated tow mirrows, and a lot of extra lights. To many small things added to list.

future list terminator oil, gtp38r, and hybrids. as well as a BTS tranny because i will have torn it up by then
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=52349173

Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    did you notice if it warmed up slower or the same after? Just curious about it in colder weather.
    I did not notice any difference at when I removed mine

Did you notice performance gains . Did your egts drop??
    2000 Lincoln Naviagator

1988 Mustang Gt

EBPV removal = Piece of mind.

That way you know that it isn't partial shutting and creating a blockage.
    -Dan
    2006 Dark Slate F350 Lariat Tow Boss Complete with training wheels so I don't tip over.

Strictly Aux cooling lines and RR, Decked Block and heads rebuilt, ARP's, BPD EGR cooler and W/Pump, 6" Aussies, SCT W/ID Tunes, Snow MPG-Max Injection, Coolant filt, Train Horns, Edge CTS + Autometer EGT Boost Trans, Firestone bags,

I have mine disconnected because it was closing while I was driving. Now I notice that in high idle I doesn't warm up at all realy. Just curious if anyone else had seen that. Im talking when its down in the 30's.

I thought about getting a choke cable and making a manual set up on it. or just fixing the seal in it and putting it on a switch so I can control when its open or closed.
    02 f350 larit, dp tuner 40-60-80-120-140, itp rr kit, ats shroud, pre pump filter with hutch mod, ftvb, tymar with functional cowl hood + zoodad, hpx crossover line, 3rd battery with winch hookup in the bed, boost pryo & tranny temp gauges, 04-06 lighted/heated tow mirrows, and a lot of extra lights. To many small things added to list.

future list terminator oil, gtp38r, and hybrids. as well as a BTS tranny because i will have torn it up by then
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=52349173

I did this mod when I was in San Diego this past weekend. It was about 38 degrees outside on Sunday morning and it took a little longer. I took off in the truck while it was cold to see what would happen and the truck would stutter as we were going up a hill. I turned it around and pulled it back in the driveway and let it properly warm up.

Egts. Can't tell for sure. It seems to cool down faster. The sound the turbo makes definitely has changed. I'm pretty happy with this mod.

Chris

Cheap, easy, and fun. It doesn't get any better than that!
    -Dan

Kinda off subject a little but has anyone been running any form of a bb turbo with good results yet. I feel that I have reached the max potential of the stocker.....

It doesn't seem to want to boost past 20psi......hmmmm......so far this "deal" I found on ebay has been more of a hassle than anything else...

Sorry again for thread hacking
    99 F-350 4x4
    Sold....

98 Jetta Tdi
    Sold....
    71 Suburban K20

+ Reply to Thread