+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F650 Dash mod (with part number)

F650 Dash mod (with part number)

Figured I'd start this thread since I went through hell trying to find the Ford part number for this. Had Dustin try to get me one through the dealer & with Ford's FUBAR medium duty part system, he kept getting the wrong part. Finally nailed it, so here you go.

This all came about when I went to put my air bag controller in & couldn't find a location to mount the gauges that didn't look like butt. I'm also thinking about adding a Scangage II in the top where the vertical slot is or having a stainless or aluminum plate water jetted to cover that area.

Here is what I have so far:

I like this much better.
    Last edited by 7.62x51; 07-07-2011 at 07:51 AM.
    Brian

'04 F-250 XLT Supercab, Short-bed FX4 w/189,000+ trouble free miles
    Deaver 2" Leveling Kit, Bilstein 5100s, Airlift bags & controller, Gauge Pod & F-650 Dash mod, HIDs, Harpoon Mod, Master Shake Sticker & other stuff soon

good job
    Tom
    '03 psd 7.3ltr, AIS FILTER, DP-TUNER, ZOODAD, 6.0 TRANS COOLER,50 GALLON TRANSFERFLOW, AUTOMETER PYRO. AND BOOST,coolant filter, 4" MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST. custom made bellowed uppipes.

Saweetness!
    NEWMAN
    (602) 686-3776

75 Bronco 5.0, 5 spd
    08 Fusion 2.3, 5 spd
    10 Edge 3.5, 6spd(auto)

I searched and searched and searched for a part number for this stupid thing. Medium dutys are such a pita to get parts for its not even funny. I even have the exploded parts view of the dash with this part on it, order it and its a complete wrong part. These are a nice addition to being able to add non factory switches,guages etc without destroying your dash panels with giant holes. Save your old panel and you can put it back to stock if you ever needed to sell the truck or change things around.
    Dustin
    2001 F350 crewcab 4x4 lariat
    Gauges, AIS, DP Tuner, Swamps IDM
    4" Magnaflow Exhaust

do they come color coded?
    Tom
    '03 psd 7.3ltr, AIS FILTER, DP-TUNER, ZOODAD, 6.0 TRANS COOLER,50 GALLON TRANSFERFLOW, AUTOMETER PYRO. AND BOOST,coolant filter, 4" MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST. custom made bellowed uppipes.

Quote Originally Posted by mbwrench View Post
    I don't think so. Mine is the dark gray color like the one in the picture... But mine didn't have the air bag gauge mod already done to it!
    Shawn Carlson
    Proud Navy Vet
    2005 Ford F-250 CCSB

It came graphite but I sprayed it flint to match my dash. I added the gauges too.

Anyone know what goes in the big slot on the left? Adj pedal switch doesn't fit, hole in the 650 panel is taller & thinner.
    Brian

Deaver 2" Leveling Kit, Bilstein 5100s, Airlift bags & controller, Gauge Pod & F-650 Dash mod, HIDs, Harpoon Mod, Master Shake Sticker & other stuff soon

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62x51 View Post
    It came graphite but I sprayed it flint to match my dash. I added the gauges too.

Anyone know what goes in the big slot on the left? Adj pedal switch doesn't fit, hole in the 650 panel is taller & thinner.
    You mean other than your finger?
    Shawn Carlson
    Proud Navy Vet
    2005 Ford F-250 CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by mbwrench View Post
    No they only come in the greyish shown which is pretty much the only color of a f650
    Dustin
    2001 F350 crewcab 4x4 lariat
    Gauges, AIS, DP Tuner, Swamps IDM
    4" Magnaflow Exhaust

Got the scan gauge in & the air bag controller all hooked up. Now to play with the scan gauge & get it all dialed in.
    Also gonna have a panel water jetted where the light switch & scan gauge sit to make it a little cleaner looking.

Brian

Looks pretty good, Brian, but I can see why you would want a panel insert. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
    Shawn Carlson
    Proud Navy Vet
    2005 Ford F-250 CCSB

I think I might want one. What was the price if I may ask?
    Glen early 99 2wd drw cc lb autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jwvb, Adrenaline oil, trucool cooler, cooling mist, spin on trans filter, firestone air bags, 2" leveling kit, Now chased by a 34' Tail-gotor

1 million dollars...
    Shawn Carlson
    Proud Navy Vet
    2005 Ford F-250 CCSB

I'll need to get under the mattress but I'll take one.
    Glen early 99 2wd drw cc lb autometer guages, CTS monitor, AIS intake, 4" turbo back cat delete exhaust, dptuner, pmt1, jwvb, Adrenaline oil, trucool cooler, cooling mist, spin on trans filter, firestone air bags, 2" leveling kit, Now chased by a 34' Tail-gotor

I paid $65 with shipping online, but your local ford dealer can probably get it cheaper. If you know a ford tech, they should be able to get it for about half what I paid...

...ask me how I know.
    Brian

+ Reply to Thread