+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Word For Word, New Mud Flap Laws

Word For Word, New Mud Flap Laws

I did some mud flaps on a kids Chevy last night and he let me copy the info from his ticket. I uset to be like a $21.00 fine for no mud flaps this kids fine was $180.00 and it was not a fix it ticket. He had to pay the $180.00 then take the truck in for a level 3 inspection that was like $55.00. I guess now that they made the fine more it's worth cops righting the tickets cause I have heard alot of people saying they have been getting tickets now. So they up dated the law that it does include pickups now, here what the law stated on his ticket.

28-958.01. Rear fender splash guards
    A. A person shall not operate a truck, trailer, semitrailer or bus on a highway unless the vehicle is equipped with rear fender splash guards that comply with the specifications provided in this section.
    B. The splash guards:
    1. Shall be attached in a manner that prevents the splashing of mud or water on the windshield of other motor vehicles.
    2. Shall extend to a length of not more than eight inches from the ground.
    3. Shall be wide enough to cover the full tread or treads of the tires being protected.
    4. Shall be installed close enough to the tread surface of the tire or wheel to control the side throw of the bulk of the thrown road surface material.
    5. May be constructed of a flexible rubberized material.
    6. Shall be attached in a manner that, regardless of movement either in the splash guards or the vehicle, the splash guards retain their general parallel relationship to the tread surface of the tire or wheel under all ordinary operating conditions.
    C. This section does not apply to:
    1. A vehicle commonly known as a pickup truck with a manufacturer's rating of three-quarter ton or less, except that this section applies if the pickup truck has been modified from the original bumper height design to raise the center of gravity of the pickup truck.
    2. A truck tractor or converter dolly when used in combination with another vehicle.
    3. A single axle trailer with fenders wide enough to cover the full tread or treads of the tires being protected and that extend to a length of not more than fourteen inches from the ground.

Just wanted to get a warning out to eveyone so you dont get blind sided with a ticket like that.
    Chris(Rowdy)
    www.FaceBook.Com/RowdyRacksLLC
    480*221*3384
    Custom Mud Flap Kits Made And Ready To Install In 48 Hour's.

friggen cops...now I have to design a way to put some on and make them look halfway decent....might just have to cut the trucker girl out of polished chrome and put that shilouette on them
    Jason
    1997 F250 7.3L CCSB, DP tuner: drive thru, 60 tow, 80e, 120, 140, Beans tymar, DP to 4" open exhaust, hughes perf tranny with deep pan, 1.0 turbo housing, gutted EBPV, new uppipes!, PMF 3.5" RSK, V and F code SD springs, 35x12.50 toyo open country m/t's on 18x10 raceline renegades, HID's, 7040# full of fuel with big tires
    Its a matter of horsepower, for 8 seconds or miles an hour, yea big four legged, fuel injected, running wild, radar detected, a man can always stand a little bit more... Horsepower!

Interesting.... I wonder if I have anything to worry about with my 35's since my truck in only leveled not lifted???
    Barry aka - "BTS Bubba" If you need help with your truck feel free to drop me a line...99.5 F-350 PSD Lariat, 4x4 Off Road, CC, SB, 3.73's, NVK2, DP 60 Tow/80 Econ/120 Race/ 140 Ex, Terminator Twin Pumps, Swamps 200/30 AA Injectors, Swamps IDM, GT38R Turbo, BTS Trans and T/C, V-10 and Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Evans NPG Coolant, ART Cryogenically Treated & Slotted Rotors with Performance Friction Brake Pads, Dynatrac Spin Free HD Front Hubs, Ford AIS Intake, 4 inch Stainless Exhaust from turbo to 5 inch chrome tip. Auto Meter Cobalt Gauges. 35X12.5 BFG KO's on 16x10 Rims, Bilstein Shocks

The law hasn't changed. In my 03 I got 2 tickets in a month . I still refuse to put them on.

I posted my tickets in my shop and they were great selling tools for custom mud flaps.

My first one was a repair ticket. I put them on got inspected and then took the friggen things off. 2 weeks later the bubble gums came on again. This time 320.00. Paid it and never put them on

Glad I bought a F250.
    NEWMAN
    (602) 686-3776

75 Bronco 5.0, 5 spd
    08 Fusion 2.3, 5 spd
    10 Edge 3.5, 6spd(auto)

Michael the law goes for you to bud.

Also not mentions ALL 1 ton trucks must have mud flaps no matter of height.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselman77 View Post
    Michael the law goes for you to bud.

Also not mentions ALL 1 ton trucks must have mud flaps no matter of height.
    Only if mine is lifted. The rear is still stock and I will fight it all the way. I love being difficult.
    NEWMAN
    (602) 686-3776

75 Bronco 5.0, 5 spd
    08 Fusion 2.3, 5 spd
    10 Edge 3.5, 6spd(auto)

I got popped last year. Put them on, could not stand the look of them so I took them off.

Now, I collect pictures of officers and fire fighters in there lifted trucks with NO FLAPS. Have been after one for a while as he drives his to work in uniform...10" lift on 40's...and again, NO FLAPS.

Would like to ask the judge why "they" are allowed to break certain laws but I cannot.

Rant On: And why not focus your resources on stopping the crimes that plague this society!?!?!!? Or, nail the bastards that drive drunk, no insurance, no license, or better yet all the damn illegals, car thief's, child molesters, etc. But NO, they want to screw with the HARD WORKING TAXING PAYING AMERICAN that does not have a set of mud flaps! What a bunch of chicken **** loosers!

Now before anyone says that cops are heroes and that I hate cops, and all this other BS, most of my friends and family are officers and they feel the same way.
    2007 White Mega Cab Dually 4X4, with the good ole 5.9! G56 Manual Trans. 5" Straight Pipe to keep passing motorists happy!

Future mods, DePricol White Faced Gauges and a 24 volt inverter and power supply mounted in the bed.

90% of my customers were cops of PHX and Avondale. No mudflaps on any of there lifted trucks, but I got a very good education from them on mudflaps and window tint.

** We also tinted windshields**

I agree 100% brian. There is much worse things happening on out streets that needs attention besides big trucks that most patrolman can't afford anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselman77 View Post
    There is much worse things happening on out streets that needs attention besides big trucks that most patrolman can't afford anyway.
    BINGO!
    2007 White Mega Cab Dually 4X4, with the good ole 5.9! G56 Manual Trans. 5" Straight Pipe to keep passing motorists happy!

Future mods, DePricol White Faced Gauges and a 24 volt inverter and power supply mounted in the bed.

I agree 100%...
    Barry aka - "BTS Bubba" If you need help with your truck feel free to drop me a line...99.5 F-350 PSD Lariat, 4x4 Off Road, CC, SB, 3.73's, NVK2, DP 60 Tow/80 Econ/120 Race/ 140 Ex, Terminator Twin Pumps, Swamps 200/30 AA Injectors, Swamps IDM, GT38R Turbo, BTS Trans and T/C, V-10 and Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Evans NPG Coolant, ART Cryogenically Treated & Slotted Rotors with Performance Friction Brake Pads, Dynatrac Spin Free HD Front Hubs, Ford AIS Intake, 4 inch Stainless Exhaust from turbo to 5 inch chrome tip. Auto Meter Cobalt Gauges. 35X12.5 BFG KO's on 16x10 Rims, Bilstein Shocks

Quote Originally Posted by NFA Fun View Post
    I got popped last year. Put them on, could not stand the look of them so I took them off.

Now, I collect pictures of officers and fire fighters in there lifted trucks with NO FLAPS. Have been after one for a while as he drives his to work in uniform...10" lift on 40's...and again, NO FLAPS.

Would like to ask the judge why "they" are allowed to break certain laws but I cannot.

Rant On: And why not focus your resources on stopping the crimes that plague this society!?!?!!? Or, nail the bastards that drive drunk, no insurance, no license, or better yet all the damn illegals, car thief's, child molesters, etc. But NO, they want to screw with the HARD WORKING TAXING PAYING AMERICAN that does not have a set of mud flaps! What a bunch of chicken **** loosers!

Now before anyone says that cops are heroes and that I hate cops, and all this other BS, most of my friends and family are officers and they feel the same way.
    I disagree with this as i have been stopped by cops 4 times for mud flaps. I have since put some on but the first desing i had broke....my new design will not break this time as its hell bent for strong.just looking to find some good rubber mats to put on them now so they dont flap in the wind.....They ones I had on didnt but I cut them down to make them skinnier as they covered past the inside tread 4-6 inches. my new brackets wont allow them to go that far(dont like it when they did anyways) but trying to get some nice rubber. I dont want to add chrome things for weight either...
    Eric
    05 F-350 CC LB 4x4, Lifted...
    4" Exhaust, gauges, airhorns

I felt bad for the kid I did the flaps for last night. He came over I made them up then told him I would get them coated today so the finsh was cured. He was suppost to come over at 5 today and have me mount them up. He called and asked if I could come to his house and put them on cause he got pulled over two blocks from my house for no mud flaps. The cop let him off but told him if he saw it on the street again with out flaps he would do a complete safty check on the truck haha.

The law has changed on mud flaps as of Jan of this year it was up dated to include pickups. Before the law was for trucks (semis) but they tryed to inforce the law on to pickups. I tryed to fight it once saying I owned a pickup not a truck, Judge didnt care and I had to pay the ticket. Now its stated directly to pickups. I talked to a MCSO at the gas station tonight about the law and he said the way its stated "A vehicle commonly known as a pickup truck with a manufacturer's rating of three-quarter ton or less, except that this section applies if the pickup truck has been modified from the original bumper height design to raise the center of gravity of the pickup truck."
    Going up any in tire heights applys to the modified part as long as your fender is more then 8" from the ground you have to have flaps.
    The kid I did the mud flaps for today moved here from Cali and he said he thought the law was stupid cause in Cali theres no mud flap requirements. The only law they have for trucks with big tires is that they have to have fender flairs. I can't believe that as strict as Cali laws are about other things that they dont have a flap law since some of the biggest trucks on the road are in Cali.
    I got a mud flap ticket once out at the Salt River in a 2wd running 33's by a cop in a 3500 crew cab 4x4 with 35's and no flaps. I asked him why I was getting a ticket when his truck was bigger and didnt have any. He was a jerk and said well this isnt my truck so its no my responsability.
    Chris(Rowdy)
    www.FaceBook.Com/RowdyRacksLLC
    480*221*3384
    Custom Mud Flap Kits Made And Ready To Install In 48 Hour's.

Mud flaps

wow that cop realy scared that kid. LOL sad very sad
    Jim in Chandler, 2000 F-350 CC SB, and yes it is "APG White", I Am The Cable Guy so any cable questions ask away. It is not so stock now, AIS , 4 inch exhaust, Fluidampr , Zoodad. Super Chip Tuner ,Got oil bypass single pass ,Fumoto Oil Drain Valve just need to get installed. hummmm looks like I need more stuff.

here in tucson they can only write work orders for flaps and only do write work orders, as for inspection if you show the court a receipt then its all good no more ticket and no fine
    will / willyp
    2006 Ford F250 CCLB, 4" Straight piped, cold air intake.
    SOLD 00 f250 7.3l, jet engine, zoodad gone bad mod, willypscustom cold air intake, 4" exhaust straight piped, itp regulated return kit- bad a$$ get one, banks 6 gun, flux capacitor, dp tuner, 9" lift 38" tires, agr hydro assist steering, Blinker fluid, greddy turbo timer and greddy gauges, detroit locker front and rear, wicked wheel and some other small mods, ats housing, 6.0 slow inter cooler,
    fluidyne Trans cooler

+ Reply to Thread