I did some mud flaps on a kids Chevy last night and he let me copy the info from his ticket. I uset to be like a $21.00 fine for no mud flaps this kids fine was $180.00 and it was not a fix it ticket. He had to pay the $180.00 then take the truck in for a level 3 inspection that was like $55.00. I guess now that they made the fine more it's worth cops righting the tickets cause I have heard alot of people saying they have been getting tickets now. So they up dated the law that it does include pickups now, here what the law stated on his ticket.
28-958.01. Rear fender splash guards
A. A person shall not operate a truck, trailer, semitrailer or bus on a highway unless the vehicle is equipped with rear fender splash guards that comply with the specifications provided in this section.
B. The splash guards:
1. Shall be attached in a manner that prevents the splashing of mud or water on the windshield of other motor vehicles.
2. Shall extend to a length of not more than eight inches from the ground.
3. Shall be wide enough to cover the full tread or treads of the tires being protected.
4. Shall be installed close enough to the tread surface of the tire or wheel to control the side throw of the bulk of the thrown road surface material.
5. May be constructed of a flexible rubberized material.
6. Shall be attached in a manner that, regardless of movement either in the splash guards or the vehicle, the splash guards retain their general parallel relationship to the tread surface of the tire or wheel under all ordinary operating conditions.
C. This section does not apply to:
1. A vehicle commonly known as a pickup truck with a manufacturer's rating of three-quarter ton or less, except that this section applies if the pickup truck has been modified from the original bumper height design to raise the center of gravity of the pickup truck.
2. A truck tractor or converter dolly when used in combination with another vehicle.
3. A single axle trailer with fenders wide enough to cover the full tread or treads of the tires being protected and that extend to a length of not more than fourteen inches from the ground.
Just wanted to get a warning out to eveyone so you dont get blind sided with a ticket like that.